Sunday 13 January 2013

Sardine Spiral Curry Puffs

So I started the New year with making this delish curry puffs, as I had a huge craving for it and it's not something readily available in Melbourne. They have asian restaurants and cafes that serve curry puffs but not this particular spiral ones which I find taste a lot better in my opinion.

I must say this are not the easiest thing to make and there are so many steps to it. When I was looking for recipes many times I was put off by the many complicated steps that were required. Needless to say after reading the first few lines i was put off trying to attempt it. So i make it my resolution this year to jump into the deep end and attempt it.


It was really finicky to fill and roll the pastry and then shape it. The look of the curry puffs do not do justice to it's taste though, so when I was enjoying this little morsels of goodness I look pass it's disfigurement. In saying all the above I've since learn from the mistakes that I make from another blogger and will be attempting this recipe again in the near future.

Recipe:
Water Dough 
300gm plain flour
1/2 cup lukewarm water
pinch of salt
one beaten egg
1tbsp oil

Method:
Mix everything in a bowl to form a dough.

Oil Dough
150gm plain flour
100gm shortening

Method
Mix everything in a bowl to form a dough.

Filling
Can of sardines
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
chilli paste
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Heat wok with oil, fry the onion and tomato till soften. Then add the chilli paste and fry till the chilli is fragrant. Add the sardine, season with salt and pepper to taste.



It's a little hard to explain the method to make the dough therefore I've added the link to a youtube video on how to Dough method

No comments:

Post a Comment