Thursday 17 January 2013

French Food Art - Lygon St

Personally I'm not a fan of french food as the thought of eating escargots makes me squimish and their menu a little too fancy for my liking. The only reason why I ended up at this restaurant was I had one of those vouchers from a deals website. It was a three course meal for 2 adults.

The Decor
The Menu


We started with entree, I had the Five Spice Calamari which was serve with rocket. The calamari was done beautifully although the rocket could have been served with a little dressing as it was dry. Hubby had the Tiger prawns, Château de Quinçay, garlic, flat leaf parsley and he completely wipe the dish clean so I knew he truly enjoyed it.

Entree - Tiger Prawns
Entree - Five Spice Calamari


For mains I chose the Riviera bouquet linguini, Château de Quinçay, garlic & wasabi cream, it was a little letdown as I did not get any hint of wasabi and the it was way too creamy. Hubby's Rump steak (200g) au poivre, potato stacks, pink peppercorn sauce which he truly enjoyed as the steak was cooked just as he liked it medium rare.


Main - Rump Steak
Main - Linguini


I decided on both the dessert selection, and chose the White Chocolate Mousse although I was not a fan of white chocolate but the dessert was pretty limited and it was a toss up between the mousse or the creme brulee. The mousse was light and airy and the Sticky Date Pudding was moist and not too sweet.


Dessert - Sticky Date Pudding
Dessert - White Chocolate Mousse


Overall the service was good but will I make a return visit to this place again? Maybe not in a hurry.

They do not have a wide selection on the menu menu here.

Address:
122 Lygon Street
Carlton, VIC 3053

No comments:

Post a Comment