Wednesday 16 January 2013

Ayam Masak Merah

This is one of my favourite dish and whenever I'm back in Singapore visiting mum this is one dish I always get her to make. I'm being biased here but I think my mum makes the best ayam masak mearh (literally translated it means chicken coked in red due to the colour of the chilli). I got the recipe of her and decided to try it, my friends who tried it gave it a thumbs up although I must say it lacks my mother's touch. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a go.



Chilli Paste:
10 dried chilli soak in water
1 tomato chopped
1 onion chopped

1kg chicken pieces
2 tbsp Tumeric powder
Salt and sugar to taste

Method:

  • In a blender blend all the ingredients for the chilli paste.
  • Marinate chicken with tumeric and a little salt.
  • Heat wok with oil and fry the chicken in batches till brown dun have to be fully cooked as the chicken will be cooked further with the spice paste later on.
  • Once all the chicken has been fried, remove the excess oil from the wok and leave about 4tbsp to fry the spice paste.
  • Fry spice paste till fragrant, then add chicken and cook over slow fire until chicken is done.
  • Season with salt and sugar to taste.
  • Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment