Thursday 28 February 2013

St Katherine's - Kew

It was my wedding anniversary the weekend that just pass and I was looking for somewhere nice to celebrate at. And my search directed me to this restaurant that is own by renown celebrity chef George Calombaris. The restaurant spans over two levels which makes it perfect for a big group although in this instance it was just me, hubby and daughter. The ground level for casual diners and the 2nd level reserve mainly for private dining.


The open kitchen concept
Menu

As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the friendly host, she asked my name to check the reservation register and promptly showed us to our table. I could not wait to get stuck into the menu to order all the delectable food this place had to offer. The wait staff we had was really enthusiastic and seem really genuine to be of service to the hungry diners. He was patient to explain stuff on the menu we were not clear about, a plus when the wait stuff know what the kitchen is serving.


Mini Chicken Burger

We started with the Katherine fried chicken bucket which seems to be a popular starter with the diners there and knew that we cannot go wrong with it. I ordered a mini burger for DD as she's a very fussy eater and will not eat anything new or out of the ordinary so best to play safe with what she is use to. And that prove to be a winner she gave it the thumbs up. 
Katherine's Fried Chicken (KFC)

The food was serve really quick which was a huge bonus as I was starving at that stage as I did not have anything for lunch. The chicken was like little nuggets crumbed with a coating of spices, it was crispy on the outside. It came serve with a bottle of barbecue sauce and a bottle of Japanese mayo. What did I think of it? Well like it's name it was just fried chicken.


Sticky Pork Ribs

For mains I got the sticky pork ribs and hubby being a huge fan of fish went straight for the barramundi. The pork was so tender that the meat just fell off the bone with no effort although I was not convince about the sauce that came with it, was not as sticky as I expected it was a runny sauce.  As for the fish it was fresh and the skin was crispy which was cooked with a very nice herb paste rub on it. I personally prefer my fish filleted which was an option here as I cannot be bothered to pick thru bones but hubby wanted it with the bone and all.

Whole Barramundi

So where's the review on the desserts you must be asking, in this instance we did not have any as we were all so full by this stage and could not put in another thing into our already bursting tummies. The temptation was there but I resisted and thought I'll leave it to another time which will give me an excuse to make another trip back. 

Note that most of the food served are meant to be shared and there is more than enough serving for 2 average adults. The overall experience was pleasant and in a reasonable price range.





Location:
26 Cotham Road
Kew

No comments:

Post a Comment