Saturday 16 February 2013

Caroline Thai - Caroline Springs

After trying a few thai restaurants in Melbourne I must say this is so far the best in terms of variety of dishes, consistent in taste and pricing although I must say this is my own personal opinion and anyone can challenge that it they think otherwise. I've been here many times but never blog about it till now since I just started blogging and thought I'll give this place the credit it deserves in the blog world.



We never go pass the soups which is the representation of Thai cuisine. The tom  yum is spicy but not to the extend that you cannot feel the sensations of your taste bud. You get the taste of lemongrass, the lime leaves and spice paste all doing a dance in your mouth as you savour each mouthful. The tom kha equally as good as the tom yum is for the less brave who can't handle their spice intake. The base of the broth is coconut milk and a mixture of other thai herbs.

Tom Yum - Chicken

Tom Kha - Seafood
The other dishes not to miss are the selection from the chef's special, I ordered the golden nest which is basically a chicken and prawn dish serve on a bed of fried noodles to represent the nest. Being a fan of seafood I could not go pass the soft shell crab garlic, which was a good portion size.  The crab was fried till crispy and was not at all greasy. The pictures are a little amatuer as I took them using my mobile.

Golden Nest Chicken - Chef's Special
Soft Crab Garlic - Chef's Special
Another good dish to try is the grilled bbq pork, the meat was tender and it was a nice sweet honey marinate that gave the pork a "burnt" crispy taste.

Grilled Bbq Pork
If you are in the area of Caroline Springs and looking for something to eat be sure to give this place a try, you will not be disappointed. They are generous with the portions and real good value for money. No matter how many times I have eaten there they have never failed to deliver on consistency. You have to book for weekends as they do get a crowd.


Location:
Shop 8
218-222 Caroline Springs Boulevard
Caroline Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment