Tuesday 19 February 2013

Killiney Kopitiam - Lygon St

I'm constantly looking for good Asian places to eat, predominantly from Singapore well known as a food paradise. I miss the best selection of local food on offer such as Hainanese Chicken rice, Cha Kway Teow, Fried Carrot cake and the list goes on. So when Killiney opened up in Melbourne I was ecstatic, as I knew I was in for a treat. 

The menu

I ordered the soya bean with grass jelly, it was served cold and not too sweet. Great drink to have on a hot sweltering day.

Soya Bean with Grass Jelly

I never go pass ordering Cha Kway Teow (fried flat rice noodles) if it's on the  menu as that is the essence of Asian delights. We decided that we will order this as a share dish. You know the place has potential by the way they cook the fried kway teow, it has to have a burnt wok hei flavour and the right seasoning. And this one did not disappoint, me and Al enjoyed every mouthful of it.


Cha Kway Teow

Al had the mee rebus which was noodles served with a thick broth made up of spices and peanuts. She was delightfully please as it tasted just like the ones they have back home in Singapore. She gave it the authenticity thumbs up.


Mee Rebus

I ordered the Lontong which is basically boiled rice which is packed tight and wrapped in banana leaves which cook in boiling water, which is served in a coconut infused spice broth filled with a few types of vegetables. I had no complaints it was done just the way I remembered.

Lontong

If you want a taste of Singapore, this place will not disappoint although I do hope that they will keep their good standard for a long time to come as many eateries start out really good but slack off as soon as they become popular and rake in enough money. 


Location:
114 Lygon St
Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment