Monday 1 April 2013

St Peters - Melbourne CBD

I bought a voucher for this restaurant through Groupon, I usually do so when I see a good deal too hard to resist. This restaurant was offering a 3-course meal each of a entree, main and dessert for two. The other good thing about buying this kind of meal vouchers it gives you a chance to try what is on offer at a fraction of a cost and if they are good it will be a place that I would frequent again.

We were warmly greeted as soon as we walk in through the door and was showed our table when my name was checked off under the reservation list. I was a little disappointed thought that we had the table in one corner of the restaurant close to what seem like a store room. We were given the menu and was told that we could order anything from the entree and main except for dessert where the only choice was Tiramisu.

While waiting for the entrees to arrive, we were serve with a side of warm bread. DH chose the Bruschetta on sourdough bread with tomatoes and mozzarella which he said tasted really good. I had the Calamari fritti served on rocket with a garlic and balsamic dressing, the calamari was cook perfectly but the chef overdid it with the salt on the rocket.


Bruschetta

Calamari Fritti

For mains I chose the Tagliatelle with balmain bugs with chilli and garlic in white wine sauce but the wait staff stuff up my order and brought out the Tortellini which I would have been happy to have but unfortunately from the menu I had read earlier it was a prawn & ricotta filling, I was recently diagnosed to be allergic to prawns, so I had to turn the dish away and insist on what I ordered. The wait staff was apologetic and assured me that I would have my mains as soon as. 

Tagliatelle

DH had the 200g char grilled eye fillet served on polenta, his jaw dropped when he saw the serving size of a small piece of meat sitting in the middle of a huge plate. Nevertheless he tucked into it and enjoyed every bite of it as the meat was cook just the way he like it. The wait staff kept coming back to our table to give me updates on where my main was. I was happy when my main finally arrived as I was starving by then, only to be disappointed to find 3 measly pieces of balmain bugs. Again this dish would have been enjoyable if the chefs had gone easy on the salt.


Char Grill Eye fillet

Plus point was service between meals was really quick and wait staff was pleasant. Downside was the 2 dishes I had both were too salty and the portions were small if you were going to pay the actual price for it. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that it was because it was through a voucher deal?


Location:
6 Melbourne Place
Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment