Friday 26 April 2013

Railway Pub Hotel - South Melbourne



It was hubby's birthday and I was left to decide on a place to go, but unfortunately due to lots going on at the moment I got the place I wanted to go mix up. I make reservations at the Railway Pub hotel in Sth Melb when I actually wanted to go to the Railway Club hotel, I hate it when places sounds alike. When I realise my mistake and try to book it at the railway club it was fully booked out and so was everywhere else that fateful night. So not wanting to end up not having a place we decided to still go ahead with the railway pub.

We were greeted by someone working behind the bar that showed us to our table that we make reservations for. The common dining area was small and only had a few tables that fit in that tiny space.  And it was really dim as you could see from the pictures I took, I could hardly read what was on the menu, no idea if they wanted to create a romantic feel or just could not afford proper light fixtures.

We ordered the garlic bread and wings to start with, garlic bread was warm and it was garlic infused instead of the usual garlic spread that most places just spread on. The wings was described as "salt roasted crispy skin chicken wings" but what we got was more barbecue than crispy skin but the sesame soy aoli it came serve with was delish.

Garlic Bread

Wings with Aoli

I had the char grilled lamb with mash and baby fennel & dill salad. The lamb was a little dry since there was no accompaniment of sauce although I enjoyed the fennel and dill salad which was refreshing and light. Hubby had the 300gm scotch fillet with mash and garlic butter. The steak was cooked right and he enjoyed it. This time we skipped dinner as we were full from the entree and main. 


300gm Scotch Fillet

Char grilled lamb

Overall dinner was pleasant and not too bad. Although I still must go to the other hotel I initially wanted to go to and will blog about it another time.


Location:

Railway Hotel
280 Ferrars Street
South Melbourne
Vic 3205

No comments:

Post a Comment