Wednesday 6 August 2014

Sticky Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie

Since moving into a new home I decided that in my new neighborhood that I was going to make an effort to know my neighbors and be friendly. So I succeeded and I got to know a few neighbors from my street and one of them decided to host a party for all the neighbors to come together for a meet and greet. The demographics of the neighborhood I'm in are couples with young or school going kids which is ideal since I have a 8 year old. So we were all told to bring a plate of something to contribute and since the host was taking care of the mains, she told us to bring dessert. I know there were going to be lots of kids and I wanted to make something they would enjoy and which kid does not like cookies.


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 and half cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp vanilla 
  • 1 and 3/4 cup plain flour 
  • 8 oz mini chocolate chip
  • 8 oz regular chocolate chip 
  • 8 oz chopped hazelnuts


Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  • In a large bowl beat the coconut oil, eggs and sugar by hand or with a mixer
  • Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and flour and mix well.
  • Mix in chocolate chips and hazelnuts
  • Let dough rest in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
  • Roll dough into large balls and place on baking tray line with parchment paper
  • Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookie browns on the edges
  • Remove from tray and let cool 

This is such a easy recipe but it was a real hit with the kids. As soon as I brought the tray full of cookies over the kids were eyeing them with intensity although they were not allowed any until after dinner. So like good obedient kids they gobbled up their dinner and headed straight to the cookie tray where the cookies were and they were gone in minutes. I left the party with a big cheshire cat smile smack across my face.







No comments:

Post a Comment