Friday 10 January 2014

Orange Chocolate Mousse

I'm a fan of chocolate mousse BUT wait for it, wait for it.....only if they were not make with raw eggs. If you know me I hate egg yolks, I know I'm one of those special people that cannot stand the taste or smell of that yellow thing that is love by everyone around me. So when I had this particular mousse at a friend's recently during Christmas I absolutely love it because no eggs were harm in the making of it. So of course I ask her for the recipe and she obligingly shared it with me. This is such a simple thing to make and you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry. 


Ingredients:
  • 8oz good quality dark chocolate (I use Lindt)
  • 8oz cream cheese at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar 
  • 1 tbsp orange liqueur (or Cointreau works fine too)
  • Zest of 1 orange 
  • 1 cup whipping cream


Method:
  1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water making sure that the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside.
  2. Beat the cream cheese and sugar till smooth. 
  3. Add the liqueur and orange zest and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add the chocolate and combine well.
  4. In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream till it forms soft peaks.
  5. Fold the whip cream into the cream cheese in two batches.
  6. Pour or you can use a nozzle and piping bag to add the mixture into containers you are going to serve in (I use shot glasses as I found them to be the right portion size)
  7. Chill in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.


The mousse was so light and airy, the mixture was smooth and delectable in your mouth. It was hard to stop at just one but I had to practice self control or it will be extra time in the gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment