Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Graham - Port Melbourne





This post is a little late as we went to this restaurant for Mother's day in May but that was a crazy month for me with so many things happening at the same time so I had to put blogging to the end of my to do list, well as they say better late than never. 

I love the ambiance of this place, the moment I walk in it had a charming feel to it with a modern twist. As soon as we walk in we were brought to our tables, sat down and had our napkins strewn over our laps. My dear daughter was a little amuse at the attention given as we do not go to such fancy restaurants very often and this all seems strange to her but she enjoyed the attention nonetheless. 

We were handed the menus and was given a rundown of the specials for the day. I ordered the spanner crab  salad as a shared entree between me and hubby to share. For mains I went for the pan-fried rock flathead and no guesses for what hubby went for, the usual 250g scotch fillet the only difference this time mushroom sauce was not an option. 

Only drawback about this place is it did not have a kid's menu maybe there was a reason for that it's a no kids zone but I must pride myself in saying that my child is the most well behave kid you can find unlike other ruly uncontrollable kids. So instead of paying more than $40 for a main for her we decided that she could  share my meal with me. 


Spanner Crab Salad

The spanner crab salad was such a great dish it was an explosion of flavors in your mouth from the crab, the pear and crunch bits of salmon crackling such a beautiful dish executed perfectly. I wish I ordered the entree all for myself as I could eat 2 servings of that delectable dish all on my own.

It was a great start and could not wait for mains to arrive which took quite a bit of time so while waiting we ate complimentary bread that was served. When mains finally arrived it was a welcome sight as by that time we were practically starving only to be crestfallen at the small measly piece of fish siting in the centre on a huge plate, this was a dish that I was suppose to be sharing with my daughter. 


Pan fried rock flathead
Not wanting to wait another 30 mins to order another main, I offered her the fish which she gladly took and scoffed down in a few bites I was glad that she enjoyed every morsel of it. So I was left with the grilled bug tail again another little morsel of it, a piece of scallop and the smoked eel sausage with the shellfish sauce. I cannot fault the dish though everything on that plate tasted absolutely divine.


250gm Scotch Fillet
Hubby on the other hand thought the fillet was a little tough and chewy, in his words he has tasted better steaks elsewhere. After mains we were still a little hungry or should I say I was hungrier so I decided that we would have dessert and hubby and kiddo was happy for me to choose since it was after all a night to celebrate me. 


Dark Chocolate ice cream bar

Chocolate & Peanut butter
 
Greena apple pistachio Meringue

The 3 dessert I chose were the dark chocolate ice cream bar, the peanut butter and chocolate and the green apple pistachio meringue. Thankfully dessert was a reasonable size it was enough to share among the 3 of us, kiddo had the first pick and she instinctively went for the ice cream bar. I decided that you cannot go wrong when peanut butter and chocolate is paired together. And looks like hubby got the meringue. But we all had a taste of each others dessert and they all tasted heavenly, a great way to end a meal. 

On a final note overall this is a nice place to go to for a special celebration as hubby paid an hefty bill for it, not an everyday go to place to have a meal. 


Location:
97 Graham St,
Port Melbourne 

No comments:

Post a Comment