Wednesday 19 June 2013

Pistachio Cupcakes

I had some of this delectable cupcakes from a cupcake shop in the city not too long ago and I absolutely loved it. I started looking for recipes online so that I can bake some of my own at home as it's a lot cheaper to make them on your own then paying an average $4 each for a single cupcake. I found this easy recipe and decided to give it a try. The composition of the recipe relied mainly on the nut component therefore you get a very rich dense cake.

The batter
Ingredients:
  • 180gm butter
  • 375gm caster sugar (I'll half this qty as the ones I make were really sweet especially since I had icing on it)
  • 6 eggs
  • 300gm ground pistachios
  • 300gm ground almonds
  • 75gm plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • zest of 1 lemon

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 170 deg
  • In a cake mixer beat the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy, then add one egg at a time and mix till incorporated.
  • Get the bowl off the mixer and gently fold in all the dry ingredients, be careful not to knock the air out.
  • Once all the ingredients are combined, scoop into cupcake moulds.
  • Bake for 20 mins, to test if the cupcake is ready insert a skewer in the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean it is ready.

Icing:
  • 200gm butter
  • 8 cups icing sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
Method:
  • Beat butter and icing sugar in a mixer till pale, then add the milk and lemon juice. Spread or pipe onto the cool cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment