Friday 22 March 2013

Jus Burgers - South Yarra



Recently I've been on an expedition to find great spots that serves quality burgers, the ones that are fresh and not from a frozen pack. I kicked off my journey by going to Brother Burger which is in my previous post, check out my review there as I'm not going to let it steal the limelight of Jus Burgers. 

Jus Burgers originated from Perth, bless their hearts for opening a outlet in Melbourne hopefully they will branch out and open another specifically in the city. The place had a casual feel to it, wait staff came over as soon as they saw us, approaching arm with menus, I like a place that is attentive to their customers. 

Since I had already check out the menu even before I got there I knew exactly what I was going to have so I gave hubby and DH some time to look over it. Once they have decided, I walk over to the counter to place my order with much anticipation as I saw patties of meat being grilled on the griller, love the open concept where you can see how your food is being prepared.


Left: Regular slaw, Right: Onion Rings

Since our burgers did not come with chips, I ordered the onion rings as sides as well as the regular slaw to make it a complete meal with all the essential food groups in it. It was not a long wait before our sides were served, the onion rings came with aioli and we scoffed it really quickly.
There was about 6 huge rings which was generously crumbed, it was not greasy. The slaw on the other hand was so finely grated that you could not tell what vegetables was in it but it tasted great with the right amount of mayo and seasoning.

Wagyu Burger

I went with the wagyu burger and added cheese & avocado as an additional option. The wagyu was juicy and succulent. It was held together by a knife in the middle, you know a burger is packed with goodness when it has to be held by a knife. The buns were nicely toasted and not at all flimsy that it could not hold all the great stuff that's in it.And there was a little heat with the wasabi mayo that you get with every bite.


Kid's Fish Burger

DH fish burger and chips arrived next, it was a pretty decent size burger for a kid. DH had to open her mouth wide enough for the burger to fit but all she got were a teeny bite. I had a taste of it, the fish was fresh although they could have taken it off the fryer slightly earlier it was a little too overdone.


Fish Burger
We were almost half way thru our meals when we started to wonder where hubby's burger was, I ask one of the wait staff who promptly went to check and found out that the kitchen staff had thought we only had one fish burger order which was the kid meal. They apologise and got it prepared and served within 10mins. Hubby had the larger version of the fish burger with 2 generous portion of fish fillets and heaps of mayo in between. He also had the same sentiment that the fish was overdone.

Overall it was a good fast food place better than your usual places like Maccas or Hungry Jacks. I will definitely be back to try their other offerings.



Location:
364 Chapel St 
South Yarra
VIC 3141




No comments:

Post a Comment