Wednesday 17 September 2014

Pizza Scrolls

Thinking of what to cook for a child is hard but throw in a fussy one at that and the task becomes daunting. I was at the hairdressers having my 6 monthly hair cut when I saw a women's weekly cookbook for kids and decided to take a browse thru. They had some really good yet simple recipes for a busy working mum like me to whip up. Since the magazine was'nt mine I had my handphone out and took a pciture of it but I might just buy a copy of it if I do come across it.
 


 
Ingredients:
2 cups self raising flour
1 tbsp sugar
30 gm butter
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tsp italian herb blend
100 gm salami cut into strips
1 medium green capsicum cut into thin strips
2 cups grated tasty cheese




Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Grease a 19cm x 29cm slice pan.
  2. Place flour and sugar in medium bowl, use fingers to rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in milk, mix to a soft sticky dough. knead dough lightly on floured surface, using rolling pin, roll dough out to 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
  3. Using the back of a large spoon, spread tomato paste all over base. Sprinkle herbs evenly over base; top with salami, capsicum then cheese.
  4. Starting from one of the long sides, roll dough tightly, trim edgses. Using a knife, cut roll carefully into 12 even slices. Bake scroll slices uncovered, in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until brown lightly.



This is such a easy and versatile recipe, took me only 15 minutes to prepare and you can basically use any ingredients you want for the topping. My daughter does not like capsicum so I had that swap to mushrooms instead, and she's not a fan of salami eitherl (told you that she was a fussy eater) so I change that to chicken which was easy enough as I had some leftover from roast the previous night. So as you can see you can use whatever you want or got leftover in the fridge.

 
 
 
She like it so much that she had one packed for her lunch box the next day, thumbs up for me as it saves me thinking what she could bring to school. Clearly this was a winning recipe and thanks to Women's Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment