Tuesday 29 April 2014

Churros with Chocolate Sauce

T my daughter loves Churros, well I do not know is it really the spanish doughnuts that she likes or the enjoyment of dipping it into the chocolate sauce, whatever the reason she was the one got me to find a recipe and make it for her. When I was finding and reading thru the vast numbers of recipes that was available online I was surprise at how easy it was to make. I felt a little ripped off at the number of times I had spent buying 3 Churros with dipping sauce for a whopping $8.95 from San Churro anyway never again as I have learn from my errand ways.


Churros Ingredients:

  • 50gm butter melted
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 250gm plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 ltr sunflower oil
  • 100gm caster sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon 

Method:
  • Boil a kettle of water, then measure 350ml into a jug and add the melted butter and vanilla extract.
  • Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl with a pinch of salt, Make a well in the centre, then pour in the contents of the jug and very quickly beat the flour together with a wooden spoon until lump free.
  • Rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Fill a large wok or deep saucepan with the oil. Heat until a cube of brown bread browns in 45 seconds.
  • Fit a star nozzle to a piping bag, fill with the rested dough, then pipe 2 to 3 strips directly into the pan, snipping the end with a pair of kitchen scissors.
  • Fry until golden brown and crisp, then remove and and drain on a oil absorbent paper. 
  • Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and toss with the fried Churros to coat it.
  • Serve with the chocolate sauce for dipping

Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
  • 200gm dark chocolate 
  • 100ml double cream
  • 100ml full cream milk 
  • 3 tbsp golden syrup 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
Method:
  • Put all the sauce ingredients into a pan and gently melt together, stirring occasionally until you have a smooth shiny sauce. Keep warm on a low heat.


As you can see this recipe took no effort at all but the taste was just heavenly T had a friend over for a play date and the two girls would have almost devoured the whole plate of Churros if I did not restraint them. The only thing that I would do differently is to use a smaller nozzle to pipe I use a wilton 1M and as you can see from the picture below the churros turn out distorted.



No comments:

Post a Comment