Wednesday 18 December 2013

Adriano Zumbo - South Yarra


 
Adriano is no stranger in the patisserie world, he has a few times been on Masterchef creating his unique cakes and pastries. He is also well known for his Zumbarons which we know as macaroons and I've been wanting to try his creations for a long time. Even a few times contemplating getting on a plane and flying to Sydney just to get my hands on those cakes and zumbarons, so imagine my excitement when I found out that he had open an outlet in Melbourne. I was warn in advance by a few colleagues that there was long queues and to be prepared to wait a while before being served but that was not going to put me off.



So off I went on a Sunday afternoon and lo and behold I was surprise when I got to Adriano Zumbo and there was'nt a queue, good for me so that I can take my time to savour each and every sight, sound and taste of that place. The cakes were nicely displayed and look delectable each and every single one of them. Then there was a showcase of the most talk about zumbarons, there was at least 13 unique flavors. And the last display was all the pastries which had a few unique ones.


I ordered 3 different cakes which was $9 each, some zumbarons which was $2.50 each if I had my choice I would have bought all the flavors and the zonut at $5 from the pastry section. I chose the Dr Dot Cake which was chocolate, white nougat, roasted cocoa nib creme brulee, raspberry vinegar jelly, gianduja mousse and dark chocolate glaze. It was like a chocolate mousse cake with very interesting flavors in between. It was light and not too rich.

The other choice I had was the carrot cake which had layer of baked cheese cake, cream cheese mousse, semi dried carrots and caramalise pecans. I did not really enjoy this particular cake, I found the cake layer a little dry. And the last cake was the wassup bii which unfortunately I did not take down the description but from the name of the cake you can pretty much guess that wasabi was one of the ingredients, it was not overpowering and it left a nice after taste.

I was happy that I finally had the chance to taste this most talk about delectable creations by Adriano and I'll definitely be back for more.


Location:
14 Claremont St 
South Yarra 


Adriano Zumbo Pâtissier on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment